ACHARIYA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY has a learning environment with many advantages. Special arrangements are made on and off the campus to ensure that students gain a lifetime advantage through their exposure here. The salient features are as follows:
- Dedicated Placement cell.
- Wi-Fi seamless 24 × 7 Internet connectivity.
- AC labs and spacious & airy class rooms.
- Well groomed playfields with trained coaches for every discipline.
- Safe and secure hostel for boys and girls.
- Well connected with Rail and Road.
- Bus facilities for students and staff.
- Arrangements for In-plant Training and Industrial Visits.
- A full fledged library with an extensive collection of books and references.
In ACHARIYA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY, the student accommodation is a "home away from home". They instill self-confidence and a spirit of camaraderie among the students, and contribute to professional fraternity. There are separate hostels for men and women, with all the necessary facilities for study and recreation within the college campus. Hostels are well equipped with state-of-the-art facilities including Wi–Fi (Hi-speed internet) connectivity. A modern kitchen serving both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food caters to the need of the students.
The day to day activities of the hostels are taken care of by the council of wardens and are closely monitored by a hostel committee, which consists of the Wardens, Head of the Institution and Director.
- Discipline in the hostel will be under the control of the Warden, Deputy Wardens and Resident Tutors.
- Ragging in any form is banned as it is treated as a cognizable offence. Any resident found guilty of ragging will be dismissed from hostel and college. Further, legal action will be taken against the defaulters.
- Any ragging incidents should be reported to the wardern/Head of the institution, Director for immediate action.
- Smoking use of alcohol and other intoxicating items and playing cards are strictly prohibited.
- Members are not permitted to convene meetings of any nature in the hostel without the Warden's written permission.
- Residence shall safeguard all hostel property including furniture and fixtures.
- Shouting, whistling, playing in verandahs, playing music systems loudly, affixing posters, photographs, wall paper, indecent posters etc., on walls and glass panels are strictly prohibited.
- Students are not allowed to put up notices without the Warden's written permission.
- Students shall not interfere with the work of the hostel staff and cases of misconduct, if any, should only be brought to the notice of the warden for appropriate action.
- Residents shall not stay outside after the hostel timing except in emergency (informed to the hostel authority). Residents shall not remain in the Hostel during class hours and at other times when their presence is expected in the Institution, except with the permission of the Warden.
- Student whose name is removed from Institution Rolls automatically forfsit the hostel membership.
- Students, who have vacated/expelled from the hostel due to disciplinary action, should obtain permission from warden for accommodation if they want to rejoin hostel.
- The Warden is vested with full powers to expel a student from the hostel if his / her presence is considered detrimental to the discipline of the hostel.
- In case of any dispute, the final decision shall rest with the warden / Head of the institution.
In case of emergency, residents should contact wardens.
- No person other than those admitted as residents of the hostel may stay in the hostel premises.
- A student shall not occupy a room without allotment. Resident shall neither transfer nor exchange their rooms with another resident.
- The hostel authorities cannot be held responsible for any loss or theft of the belongings of the residents. The residents must make their own arrangements for safe custody of the same.
- DayScholars are not permitted inside the Hostel. Action will be taken against the residents who encourage and permit the dayscholar to stay in their room. However dayscholars are permitted for valid reasons by producing their college Identity card to the security guard during day time and with written permission obtained from Warden.
- Residents are expected to be dressed decently.
- Residents are not allowed to do any kind of business inside the hostel.
- Residents should keep their room allotment slip safely.
- Cases of contagious disease shall immediately be reported to Warden to take preventive measures.
Maintenance and upkeep of hostels
- In case of important work / urgent work, Residents shall be permitted to go home / local guardians place after a permission letter received from residents parents through post / courier. The Permission letter should be addressed to warden.
- Residents should register their attendance whenever they cross the security gates.
- The furniture assigned to a room shall not be shifted from it. Residents shall be responsible for the articles issued to them and shall return them in proper condition to the hostel authorities when leaving / vacating the hostel. Residents shall be liable for due compensation in case of any loss or damage to those articles.
- Residents should keep their room tidy and clean. They shall not dispose off litter in the verandahs or other parts of hostel premises.
- Civil complaints and electrical complaints of the rooms and blocks shall be entered separately in the register kept at the entrance of blocks.
- Residents should put off the electrical appliances while leaving the room.
- Residents shall lock their rooms with a good lock at all times for the protection of their property and that of their roommates, while no one is in the room. Residents are informed to lock their rooms even if they are not available for a few seconds.
The ACHARIYA College of Engineering Technology has an attractive and modern Dining Hall. It is spacious and user friendly. The dining hall caters to three hundred people at a time. Stress is laid on quality, nutrition and hygiene. The menu is planned to ensure that green vegetables are combined with protein rich food, carbohydrates and fruits. Including green leaves in the midday meals is a regular and special feature. Milk, juice and snacks are served at regular intervals between meals. Cooking is done with the help of modern amenities and utensils and the quality and hygiene are never compromised.
MEDICAL CHECK – UP
ACHARIYA College of Engineering Technology place special attention to the student's health. General check-up is arranged at reputed hospitals to ensure that every student is healthy. Physicians regularly visit our hostels and ensure healthy environment on the college campus.
An independent library building with a beautiful inspiring ambience of greenery around, situated inside the campus, has all the technically advanced resources in it. A vast collection of books is developed for reference and reading as per the requirements of the five branches of study and as per the guidlines of AICTE, New Delhi. The spaces have been revamped and modernized with modular furniture, computers, and access to e-resources with Wi-Fi facility. Reputed National and International journals of different branches of Science, Engineering and Technology are subscribed to DELNET, the e-journal can be accessed by both the students and staff. Facilities of xeroxing and scanning of reading materials are available to the students. The library is kept open during all the working days from 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
A lavish 1,500 seat auditorium specially designed for excellent acoustics is taking shape it is a platform for stage performances, meetings, gatherings and celebrations, where future global citizens and leaders can hone their skills to gain self confidence as they participate in various activities.
ACHARIYA College of Engineering Technology provides opportunities for students to participate in sports and games so as to make them physically fit. Facilities for games such as Cricket, Football, Volley ball, Basket ball, Hockey, Ball Badminton, Kabbadi, and indoor games like Weight lifting, Table Tennis, Shuttle, Carrom, Chess are provided. Separate Gymnasiums with sophisticated fitness equipment are available for both men and women. Students are motivated to take part in the Intramural tournaments and Annual Sports Meet. A spacious hall is provided for yoga and meditation in a calm and serene atmosphere with its identity of its own.
Technology & Campus
ACHARIYA College of Engineering Technology campus is enabling its students seeking knowledge and information with up to date technology and devices. E-mail, over head projector, power point presentation, CMS, ABL method, course web sites, spreadsheets, and presentation software and some of the students of ACHARIYA very easily become employable graduates with their soft skills and a good knowledge in the latest technology gained from here.
The Strength of the college is a dynamic futuristic approach towards education in accordance with the changing social needs of the new millennium in and around Puducherry. The college, though located in a suburb at villianur, is cosmopolitan in character. It aims to preserve and enhance the highest standards of excellence to prepare generation for 21st century.
The campus of ACHARIYA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY is situated on the scenic banks of River Sankarabarani, about 7 KMs from Puducherry town & 1 KM from Villianur, covering an area of 10.5 acres and an architecturally designed U-shaped building of 4 floors. Lavish, beautiful and gorgeous gardens surround the campus in which are laid well-planned/built grounds for Athletics, Foot Ball, Kho-Kho, Cricket, Basket Ball and Volley Ball apart from a Swimming Pool for the students.
While the ground floor of the college building contain the Administrative Offices of the Principal, Vice Principal and the Chief Mentor apart from the Air-conditioned Conference Hall (capacity of more than 150). Well equipped Physics and Chemistry laboratories are in the ground floor and English language laboratory is adjacent to them. Spacious classrooms are in plenty in all the floors of the college building. CSE, EEE and ECE branches have their advanced labs of their own individually. A newly constructed mechanical engineering workshop has all the necessary tools and engines in it. The infrastructure for the engineering sections is self sufficient by all means.
Teachers of ACHARIYA World Class Institutions are extended with adequate residential facilities which are an outcome of the foresight of the management with respect to the safety and security of the teaching community. Raising an ambient and extravagant residential satellite complex is on the anvil, expected to be completed soon. ACHARIYA Housing Society is made functional in order to raise many such residential complexes in the days to come.
Owing to the untiring efforts of the Chief Mentor and the management, a housing Co-Operative society in the name and style of ACHARIYA Family Housing Co-Operative Society is formed with a noble aim of providing housing to the teaching community at an affordable price. The society intends to assist teachers who are the constituents of the ACHARIYA family in purchasing their own plots with an exemption in stamp duty and registration fee. The society will also help the members to get loans sanctioned from Financial Institutions at a concessional rate of interest and will be extending help in whatever way possible.Almost all the members of the Staff of ACHARIYA World Class Institutions will get extended with adequate residential facilities thanks to the vision of the management. ACHARIYA Family Housing Co-Operative Society once made functional will raise many such residential complexes in the days to come for accommodating all its members.( In the Bye-Laws of the said Society, it has been clearly defined that the term 'Family' means all the Staff Members-both Teaching and Non-Teaching- of ACHARIYA / group of Institutions.)