At the turn of the 21st century, the people of Puducherry saw the dawn of ACHARIYA EDUCATIONAL PUBLIC TRUST. It was founded by a young and vibrant educationist, Dr. J. Arawindhan and his beloved mother, Smt. J. Adhilakshmi, with the aim of taking education to new heights and to provide world class education to the people of Puducherry. ACHARIYA under the able guidance of our MANAGING TRUSTEE and CHIEF MENTOR, Dr. J. Arawindhan started various educational institutions in and around Pondicherry. ACHARIYA aims at building a new society that would be the face of emerging India.
In July 2004, ACHARIYA EDUCATIONAL PUBLIC TRUST added another feather to its cap by establishing ACHARIYA ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE, affiliated to the prestigious Pondicherry University. Right from its inception, the college continues to get the support and love of the students and their parents. Its growing popularity has multiplied manifold in the recent years from a modest beginning, ACHARIYA ARTS AND SCIENCE COLEGE was upgraded as a Post Graduate Institution from the year 2009 - 2010.
The students are bestowed with the best education academically and otherwise. They not only enrich their academic knowledge but also get themselves involved in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. Their growth is monitored by well trained and dedicated teachers. Besides curricular activities the students take active part in N.C.C., N.S.S., workshops, seminars, industrial visits and educational trips in order to explore their true potentials.
The state of art classrooms, laboratories, library, auditorium, hostel, canteen and transport facilities make it possible to achieve greater heights in the years to come. In nutshell, ACHARIYA ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE has become "A place for your placement…". Of late AASC has become the first and the most sought after institution in the Union Territory of Puducherry.
Please Click Here to view the NOC from the Government of Puducherry.
Chief Mentor Message
As the Chief Mentor, I am pleased with the appreciation and friendly response from the parents and my beloved students for having chosen ACHARIYA. I welcome students to choose ACHARIYA & manifest your Potential to make the best of your life. The Educational Design, Methodology, Infrastructure and systems adopted in ACHARIYA focus entirely on the holistic development of your personality and Educational Career.
As an acid test for the quality education provided by ACHARIYA, we have been accredited with ISO 9001:2008 certification by BSi Management System. I believe that the highly motivated and well trained teaching faculty and the intellectual environment with the serene beauty added to it will be the ideal college that you can choose for your success in life . Dear Students, choose ACHARIYA to give yourself a life of abundance and choice I will be happy to welcome you to the family of ACHARIYA.
ACHARIYA GROUP OF EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
It is indeed a pleasure to have an access to you,
In the era of knowledge driven economy and learning societies education is expected to play a vital role in promoting economic solidarity & sustainable development. The economy of Puducherry has favorable features that make possible and aid the building up of a prosperous growing economy, and so Puducherry should aspire to become a knowledge society.
The 21st century has been acknowledged as the knowledge century. It has a direct link with Higher Education across the World. As we move towards a knowledge based economy, the path we lay to produce and disseminate education will increasingly determine the competition in preparing the highly skilled youth our Nation requires. The path is more important than the outcome. Realising this need of the hour, ACHARIYA ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE, has framed its Vision and Mission. At ACHARIYA, we see that learning is transferred into an enjoyable experience which rewards excellence and consistency in performance.
Beloved students, I am sure that you will realize this when you become an ACHARIYAN.
ACHARIYA ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE,
Uruvaiyar Road, Villianur, Puducherry 605110.
Board of Trustee
Dr. J. ARAWINDHAN – Chairman & Managing Trustee
Smt. J. ADHILAKSHMI - Member Trustee
Vision & Mission
To provide necessary inputs to bring the PHYSICAL, MENTAL, INTELLECTUAL, EMOTIONAL and SPIRITUAL PERSONALITY in every individual and to develop and elevate him to lead a higher degree of life and excel in his present nature and elevate to become an ACHARIYAN.
ACHARIYA Mission is to provide the best of world class infrastructure with opportunities for Educational, Vocational, Social, Cultural & Leadership development to promote learning skills for lifelong personal achievement meeting the diverse and changing needs of humanity to make Personal - Team achievements and accomplishments by Manifesting Human Potential.
Pledge & Values
I resolve to live this life as an achariyan by giving a meaning to my life and thus be a blessing to this existence. I pledge to live a value based life and thus make a difference.
VALUES I WILL LIVE BY TO DEVELOP AN EMPHATIC PERSONALITY
- I am the enlivening force to the various roles of my life and it is not the roles which enable me to survive.
- I understand relationship is not built on agreement, but it is built on understating.
- I will treat everyone, as if; this is the last day of his life.
- I will live every day, as if; this is the last day of my life.
- I will accept the present as it is, for it is only the future that I can change, neither my present, nor my past.
- I understand I will get everything I want for life, if I can help other people to get what they want for life.
- I understand life’s fulfilment is in integrating the standard of life with quality of life.
- I will celebrate life and be the cause for celebration.
- I understand it is not in being born as a human being, but it is in living as a human being that I live a human life.
- I will analyze my experience and improve myself, by standing apart from myself and practice introspection at the close of every day.
VALUES I WILL LIVE BY TO DEVELOP A POWERFUL ENLIVENING FORCE
- I understand people need people.
- I understand people are people, for they are not creatures of logic but creatures of emotions.
- I understand every human being is unique and he has the right to be different.
- I understand that only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
- I understand I cannot communicate myself out of a problem caused by my misbehavior.
- I understand people treat me the way I teach them to treat.
- I understand if I don’t say no within a relationship, one day I will have to say no to the relationship.
- I understand intimacy in relationship is built only by being transparent in relationship.
- I understand it is not what I feel within, but it is the expression of the feeling that makes a difference in the relationship.
VALUES I WILL LIVE BY TO CELEBRATE LIFE AND BE THE CAUSE FOR CELEBRATION
- I can change myself, if and only if, I change what goes into my mind.
- I understand it does not matter how much I have, but what really matters is, what I do with what I have.
- I will count my blessings and never my troubles.
- I will not imitate others.
- I understand it is my prime responsibility to strive continuously to be myself.
- I will put enthusiasm into life.
- I will be character oriented and not reputation oriented.
- I will vaccinate myself against excuses.
- I will always operate in the circle of my influence and not in my circle of concern.
- I will be proactive.
- I will be unconditional.
- I will meditate.
VALUES I WILL LIVE BY TO EXECUTE EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP
- I understand time management is not clock management, but it is life leadership.
- I understand I need goals to lead my life.
- I understand what I get by achieving my goals is insignificant compared to what become in achieving my goal.
- I will detach myself from the result and intensely attach myself to the process.
- I understand there is no shortcut to quality of life.
- I will subordinate my likes and dislikes to the purpose of my life.
- I understand if I am tough on myself, life will be infinitely easy on me.
- I will not say YES when I have to say NO.
- I understand things which matter most, should never be at the mercy of things which matter least just because they are convenient.
- I understand while urgency acts on me, it is I who has to act on important matters.
- I understand I have to balance my roles and I have to balance my producing capacity with production in each of my roles.
- I understand redundant roles hamper the quality of my life.
- I will choose the best day of the week to organize my week and the peak hours of the day to execute my most important activities of the day.
- I will operate from “you win I win” frame of mind and heart in all human interactions.
- I understand that the person, who follows the leader most efficiently, is usually the person who develops into a leader most rapidly.
- I understand that a person’s name is to the person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
- I will praise the slightest improvement and every improvement.
- I will offer criticism to the performance and encouragement to the performer.
- I will appeal to the motives of the person.
- I will develop my team by offering to be the first assistant to every member of the team.
- I understand people are created only through delegation of accountable work, which invites consequence, favourable and unfavourable.
- I understand a behavior recognized and rewarded will be repeated.
- I understand people need reminding for remembering.
- I will help people to expand themselves, by challenging them to go beyond their limitations.
College Governing Council
Prof. M. RAMADASS - Member/University Nominee
Director Studies, Educational Innovation and Rural Reconstruction
Dr. MALABIKA DEO - Member/University Nominee
Professor and Head,
Dept. of Commerce,
Mr. A. RADJINDRIN - Member
ACHARIYA ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE.
Mr. K. BALAMURUGAN - Member
Head, Dept. of Mathematics,
ACHARIYA ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE.
Dr. S. KUMUDA - Member/ Secretary
ACHARIYA ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGE.
The staff council is an advisory body and shall consist of the Principal, Vice Principal, and Heads of the Departments, Librarian and Physical Director. The council shall help the Principal in the day to day administration of the college. It will evolve policies on all academic matters such as conduct of tests, students' attendance, discipline and welfare, academic functions, seminars, games and library. The council shall meet at least once in a month and discuss academic matters.
Rules & Regulations
UGC REGULATIONS ON CURBING THE MENACE OF RAGGING
- Students should wear formal dress that is neat and clean.
- They should be regular and punctual in attending classes.
- They have to stand up as the staff enters the class room and keep standing till the latter sits or asks to sit.
- No student will enter or leave the class room without the permission of the staff.
- Students shall walk silently and in an orderly manner when they move from one class-room to another or laboratory.
- No student is permitted to loiter in and around the college premises during college-hours.
- Nobody is permitted to collect money from the students for any purpose and to organize any meeting inside the college premises for any reason.
- No Notice of any kind shall be circulated among the students or displayed on the Notice Board.
- No one except the Principal or H.O.Ds. Shall call a student from the classroom whatever may be the reason.
- Students are strictly prohibited from decamp or damaging college properties. Collective fine will be levied for any damage caused, if the responsibility for such damage cannot be fixed on any individual or group.
- No student is permitted to possess cell phone when attending the college.
- Students are strictly instructed to observe academic morale during class tests and model examination on par with University Examinations.
- This institution shall strictly observe the provision of the Act of the Central Government and the State Government, considering ragging as a cognizable offence under the law.
- “Ragging” means any conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any student, indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which cause hardship or psychological harm.
- Ragging in all its forms shall be totally banned in the entire institution, including the hostel.
- This institution is enforced with Anti-Ragging squad headed by the Principal. The Principal will take immediate action on receipt of the recommendations of the Anti-Ragging squad. The possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging shall be any one or any combinations of the following:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarships/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examinations or evaluation process.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Fine ranging between Rs.25,000/- and Rupees 1 lakh.
- Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment.
- The institution shall take prompt and appropriate action against the person[s] those derelictions of duty lead to the incident.
- No student shall absent himself/herself without the prior permission of the Principal.
- The leave letter should be in the proper format duly countersigned by the parent.
- If a student absents himself/herself for five consecutive working days. The name of such student will be removed from the roll of the college.
- In the event of any sick-leave, medical Certificates should be produced invariably along with the leave letter.
- Students have to earn sufficient attendance for enabling them to appear for the University Examinations.